Monday, November 12, 2007

Potty Time!!!

Well, Dustin officially had his first "pee pee" in the potty!! It's funny because I haven't done anything to really teach him about going potty. He finally caught on that the thing he grabs all the time is called his pee pee, and then he started saying "pee pee" and pointing down at his diaper. So I thought maybe this was a sign he was ready to try the potty. I just stuck him on the throne after he grabbed himself and said "pee pee" one time, and he pushed and pushed, but nothing happened. The next time however, he went potty right away!! And he loves it. In fact, I'm starting to get tired of pulling him on and off the pot all day, but I guess this is just the beginning, right?!? Anyway, I was super excited because I was stressing about how to do the whole "potty" thing, but Dustin made it super easy! And it actually seems possible that there will come a time when I won't have to change a bazillion diapers a day!! I can't believe the things I blog about now that I'm a Mom. I swear I was cool at one point. But, I'm grateful I get to be home and be the one by son's side. The proud look on his face is way more rewarding than anything I've accomplished at work. I think if all us Mom's were paid for our jobs, potty training would definitely deserve a raise and a promotion!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Way to go, Dustin!! Holy cow, Jen! That is SO early--especially for a boy. What a little man! I wish it had been that easy with Camp! Has Dustin continued to be interested in going potty in the toilet? I'm so jealous!

Chelsea said...

I still think you are cool.

Tara said...

Yay Dustin!! That is awesome!

Jen said...

He still asks at least 4-5 times a day to go on the potty. There's not action everytime, but most of the time something comes out. How lucky am I?!?