Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spiritual Thoughts

The other night I had a dream...and in that dream I got a phone call from a distinguished sounding gentleman who said he was a member of the stake council and was fulfilling the role of Journal Advisory Committee and was calling to see if I had been keeping a journal or not. I stammerd and chuckled a bit, before admitting that I in fact, had not been keeping a current journal. But then, a thought occured to me. "Wait! I keep a blog...does that count??" I said, hoping he wouldn't mark me on his list as a "non-journal keeper". The man laughed and said he felt that if I was keeping spiritual thoughts in this blog of mine that it could count as a journal. I hardly ever remember my dreams, but for some reason this one stuck with me. So I figure I had better listen to this dream and write some spiritual thoughts so that if the Journal Advisory Commitee ever calls me, I can tell them about my blog!!
Like everyone else lately, I have been thinking a lot about prophets. Mostly about how grateful I am for President Hinckley and how deeply his words and actions had an impact on me. There were so many times that the Spirit undeniably testified to me that he is the mouthpiece of the Lord. But I am really excited for the new Presidency too. I love President Utchdorf (I think that's right) and I am sure that President Monson will be just as amazing as President Hinckley was. I am also really grateful that we are studying the teachings of Joseph Smith in Relief Society. He has become even more real to me in just a few chapters than before. Any of you who aren't in Relief Society, should still read the lesson book because there are so many good things in there! Today, I was so struck by Joseph Smith's teaching that one of the most important things that we have in the Church is the Prophets and Apostles testimony of Christ. That he lived, died, was resurrected, and still lives today. It is so wonderful to have leaders in the church who are so close to the Lord and to have an actual account of a prophet who saw him. It also made me think about how everything in the Church is centered around the Savior. That is what the gospel is all about and I love it!!! Sometimes callings can be tedious and there are times when the demands seem great, but when it comes down to it, the gospel is amazing and wonderful and I am so grateful to be a part of it!!!!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Amen! I totally agree! The gospel is amazing! I don't know how mom and dad ever left. I feel blessed to know that my Heavenly Father loves me and I sincerely believe in the gospel. Have you read the new first presidency message?? I read it on Sunday and I felt the same way you did....That the new presidency is going to bring wonderful tidings and challenges to members everywhere.

Brianne said...

Thank you Jen for such an uplifting and thought provoking blog. I worry about what I'm going to blog about sometimes when I get a little stumped, or there really isn't much going on in my life, but in an essence there is always something going on in my life because of my beliefs. Now I don't feel so dorky if I want or need to have a little spiritual thought on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration. Miss ya!

Tara said...

You are such a sweetheart Jen! What a cute blog. I love your thoughts and I am thankful too. Thanks for the reminder!

Ann said...

What a cool dream! That sounds like revelation to me! I don't know what is going on, but the last two comments I've made on your blog haven't shown up...Hmmm...Jen, are you blocking me? Anyway, Thanks for these spiritual insights. I have to remind myself to write spiritual things, too, because I definitely want my friends and family to know what my testimony is.

Chelsea said...

Do I have to write a spiritual blog now so the journal police stay out of my dreams?