Sunday, April 20, 2008

Random Thoughts....



I love bath time!! It's the one time both the kids are totally happy and entertained. I thought the one of Dustin holding Liz is so cute. He just started hugging her as soon as I broke out the camera! This blog is mostly random stuff I guess. I haven't posted a blog in a while and these are some of the things that have happened since we hiked the butte, plus some random Jen thoughts. One of the things I wanted to mention was that we took a trip to Portland to go to IKEA. SO FUN!!! IKEA is one of my absolute favorite stores. We just got up one weekend and said, "Let's drive to IKEA!" So we packed the kids up and got out of Dodge! The kids were really good in the car, and as soon as we got there we all had to find the family bathroom so we could change diapers and all that good stuff. I mention this only because the family bathroom at IKEA is so amazing. For one thing, there's cute decorations all over the place. On the walls, hanging from the ceiling...what store puts decor inside a bathroom!! There's also a play area with chairs and toys, which kept Dustin entertained the whole time I was cleaning Liz up, and a nice step stool so Dustin could wash his hands and get on and off the potty. There's a big chair in the corner, a diaper changing station with free Huggies wipes, and a dispenser that dispenses free diapers. FREE DIAPERS!!! I never thought such a thing could be possible in my lifetime. There's also free bottle warming, and jarred baby food! We had so much fun just browsing around. We left with toy boxes, kitchen utensils, mixing bowls...that store is dangerous!!!

Here's a random thought. I am having the hardest time getting Liz to drink her bottles. It's like she started solid foods and has no desire to drink from a bottle at all. She'll only drink 4 ounces max. I've tried cutting back on solids, I've tried spacing out longer feedings, I've tried skipping solids all together...nothing works. She went from drinking 30 ounces a day to around 16. Anyone have any ideas?

Dustin is at a really fun age right now. His speech has really taken off and he's repeating back everything we say to him. It's a lot of pressure knowing that he picks up on everything I say and do!!! Some of my favorite things he says right now is poo poos, o.k., anku mommy (thank you mommie), ere'dit go (where did it go), and my most favorite thing he does is sticks out his hand and says, "hand?" when he wants me to hold his hand. Love it.

I also wanted to say how grateful I was to go to the temple last weekend with four other couples from the ward. It was so great to see familiar faces and it made the experience more meaningful in a way. The temple has such a wonderful feeling about it. It's impossible to leave the temple in a bad mood, and sharing it with members of our ward family made it that much more enjoyable. I felt so much love for everyone. Dustin watches Cars constantly and Filmore sums up my feelings perfectly with his line, "There's a lot of love out there, y'know." Sigh, I never thought animated movies would pop into my head to describe a temple experience. I guess that's the mommie brain in me.

On a last note, since the weather has been so crazy, I've been desperate to come up with inside things to keep Dustin entertained. And one of my strong suits is not arts and crafts...at all. But, Dustin and I pulled out the glue and finger paint and made a rocket ship together one cold and rainy afternoon. I had to post it because it is so rare that I do anything crafty. Here is Dustin "helping" me.


And here is our beautiful creation.
(I told you I wasn't crafty!)


9 comments:

LeaAnne said...

First, I think you are crafty! Second , I LOVE IKEA!! What I like most is the $.50 hot dogs..lol (I know odd) I like lots of other stuff too..lol I really love the kids play place, SO safe for the kiddos. Third, the weather is crazy! I wish I could dress the kids right they have a need for like 4 different outfits a day. Forth, maybe a sippy cup would help? Last, I LOVE BATH TIME TOO! I love to see the kids playing together:) my girls live for tubbie time. Fun post!

Aimeeable said...

First of all what is LeaAnne doing up at 2 am reading your blog?! I have to agree with Leaane that I too love the food at IKEA. I really dig the cheap pasta, salads, and desserts. No detail is spared as far as decorating goes. I really think IKEA is the closest thing we have to a theme park here. As far as random kids movies coming into your head -oh boy... I'm guilty of that too. The worst part is Tygh and I will go on a date without the kids and we can almost have a conversation quoting only Disney movies. Romantic.

Tara said...

Sheesh I have never been to Ikea. Looks like I need to make the trip!

Anyway I love your random thoughts and I love that you made a rocket ship with Dustin. You are such a fun Mom!

carizolli said...

Your rocket is awesome! Seriously! That's a BIG rocket! I'm so glad you got pictures of it!

Okay, I've been to IKEA, but it sounds like I haven't had the full IKEA experience! Never been in their family bathroom, never had their food, and...they have a kids play place? I guess I need to go again! Maybe when we're in Utah next month.

Love the tubby pics :) It's great to have bath-time buddies.

I enjoyed being in the temple with you too! We'll hafta do it again real soon!

Ann said...

Oohh, fun post. Yeah, Ikea is pretty fun. I'd like to go there again, too. I can't wait to hear all of Dustin's new words! Can't wait to see you guys again...

P.S. That rocket ship kicks the butt of anything I could create.

The Ottley's said...

What a cute family! :) PS- the rocket ship looks great!

Brianne said...

I just love random thoughts. Sometimes there's not enough of one thought to make a whole post so you just gotta smash them together. Great job. And you are very crafy. I probably couldn't even do that!

Rach said...

I'M BACK!

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to see you this weekend and for such a special occasion! I absolutely meant what I said about AZ.... You are awesome and we all love you. Your kids are DARLING!!!!! Keep in touch. cpharline@hotmail.com