Saturday, September 13, 2008

Terrible Two's...

The other day Dustin and I were taking a nap together...or so I thought. Turns out I was asleep while Dustin was "doing laundry". I woke up to find this...
...beside my bed. He had taken every single article of clothing out of the dressers and put them all in a huge pile. Underwear, socks, jeans, pjs, everything! Not only that but, I opened my eyes to find Dustin laying in the pile (*WARNING* this next bit may be for Moms only, stop reading if you have a sensitive gag reflex) saying, "little poop Mom, little poop," with his diaper halfway pulled down and poop all over the clean clothes. (This picture is minus the poopy clothes) SO FUN. Only not. As if that wasn't a big enough mess to clean up, he also hit up the bathroom and pulled everything out of those drawers.
Including an entire box of tampons. Nice. Sometimes I wonder if there will ever be a day that I won't have to clean up poop or find a catastrophic mess after leaving my kids alone for 2 seconds! Oh, and Dustin also took out my makeup and put on mascara. I couldn't be mad for that one though. How can you resist this face!!
I'll look back and laugh one day...right??

13 comments:

Chisonh said...

How long were you sleeping? Days? Just joking, but man...I would hate to wake up to something like that...

LeaAnne said...

ohhhhh lol
How I LOVE the nap and how I hate the aftermath of the blessed nap! I feel your pain! yes..You could not be mad at that *pretty* face! :)
Yay for Motherhood!

PJ Productions said...

Why must they always be so destructive when we are not watching. Jessica got glasses Thursday and they are already destroyed. Yeah I feel your pain! They sure are cute though.. you should send Dustin over to our house the next time you want a nap. Jessica would love it.

Jen said...

Just so everyone knows, I was only asleep for like 20 minutes before I realized he was terrorizing my house. He's super fast! I promise I wasn't sleeping all day while my kids ran amuk!

rachel said...

Welcome to the world of *BOY*!

Enjoy the ride.

Beth said...

WOW. Motherhood is SO FUN. Right? Right? Anyone.. anyone...

Ya, supposedly some day we'll wish they were still little (or that's the rumor...) :)

Lisa said...

Surprisingly enough, as my kids are getting older, I actually miss these moments. And then Ben strikes and I can't wait for the time when they don't happen anymore.

Julia said...

Hi it's Julia - Kim's cousin! You have such a cute family - even if a little distructive! And it's funny (or not so funny) but I woke up this morning to a similar mess... only it was from my dog. ugh!

Ann said...

Can you believe that I have three kids (one of them being Camp) and I do not have a poop story like that to tell? I am seriously counting my blessings right now. I WISH I could get mascara on my kids. They all have way longer eyelashes than me, so I'm always dying to put mascara on those puppies, but Brian would go crazy if he ever found out....By the way...have you been converted to Pizza Pipeline breadsticks?!!

Rach said...

so I'm commenting on your funny story! haha....well at least he's getting the hang of 'potty training' right? Now you just have to teach him to sit on a toilet and not clothes...hehe

Patti said...

You'll love that story when you're old like me. I promise, and yes you would be willing to do it all over again!

Chelsea said...

I love Dustin so much. I miss the guy like crazy. Come visit! Come visit!

Rach said...

Hey....I posted a new blog...you better freggin read it!