Wednesday, February 11, 2009

6th Folder, 6th Picture...


My sis tagged me and the rules are that you have to open your 6th folder and post the 6th picture inside that folder and say a little about it. So...this is my sisters high school grad at Tuachan School for the Performing Arts in St. George, UT. For those of you who don't know, I grew up with a family of gypsies. This is my family and my awesome Grandma. This was such a tough year for all of us. I think we all were bawling in that picture. My sis had spent her senior year alone without family (except for my crazy aunt) and Tim and I had just moved from St. George to Florence to help my Mom work things out with my Dad. Yeesh. But Rachel did great at that school and had an awesome duet she sang at her grad ceremony. I feel like I look way younger in that picture than I do now. (Can 5 years and kids really age you that bad??!!) If any of you ever get a chance to see a performance at the Tuachan ampitheatre, take it!! It's all outdoors nestled in the red rock. It's beautiful. I love outdoor performances.
Rummaging through my folders also made me realize how horribly disorganized our pictures are! Does any one else have this problem?? I have a husband who likes to label folders things like, "Dustin Playing" or "Our Vacation" or "Pictures of the Mountains". Um...Hel-looo...how am I supposed to know how old Dustin was or what he's doing in any of those pictures or which Disneyland vacation it was or what the heck mountains he's talking about??!!!?? He's recently gotten better and made me a promise to try and be better organized as far as our computer files go, but we've already got so many pictures that I feel like it's impossible to try and put them all in chronological order! So they just keep sitting in folders that don't make sense. I can't totally blame Tim, because for a long time i didn't even know how to load the pics from the camera onto the computer. I'm pretty technologically challenged since I've become a stay at home mom. And did I ever finish either of the kids' baby books. Why no!-- No I did not. I am also craft deficient. I can't even seem to print pictures and put them in an album. I need some serious help!!!

On another note, I am going to be flying solo with the kids to St. George to visit some friends while the kiddies stay with the in-laws. I need some advice about flying with a 17-month old and an almost 3-year old. The flight is nonstop, but it's a little over 2 hours long. All I can think of is that it's like 2 back to back sacrament meetings by myself!!! Let me know if any of you guys have done this before and what you did to keep your kids entertained.

4 comments:

Ann said...

All I have to say is : mini DVD player, and lots and lots of treats. When are you going? Sounds like fun!

Rach said...

That was kinda a tuff year....anyway, I have no clue how to help you with the kiddo's on the plane..maybe some sleeping drugs? Mom did that to us on road trips didn't she? haha

carizolli said...

What a fun picture tag! I might steal the idea :)

I think you're so brave for flying with 2 kids by yourself. I'll pray for you, friend! *LOL* My suggestions are: snacks, new books they haven't seen, mini DVD was a good idea, something to suck on so their ears won't hurt...? maybe?

I hope it goes well for you. I hope your kids are perfect little angles for their mama while you're flyin' solo!

ADAMS FAMILY said...

How long are you going to be in St. George? We should definately get together and take our kids to the park or something. Call Me 669-8545