Monday, March 16, 2009

We're Baaaaack!

We were gone for so long, but we are finally back and things are normal. The kids and I had a blast in St. George and I had so much fin with all the Oregon girls and I even got to fly to Phoenix to see my best friend. It was hard to leave the kids at the in-laws without Tim there, and to make it even harder, I got a call right before I got to the airport to go to Phoenix that Dustin had to get stitches in his forehead!! He was playing on the playground and smacked his head on the rock structure after he ran around a corner. I guess he only cried for a minute and then he wanted to go play some more with blood gushing out of his head, but grandma and grandpa took him to Urgent Care to get stitched up. And my little man didn't even cry once! He wasn't scared or anything. Six stitches later, he was rippin around like nothing even happened. It was so hard for me to not be there with him, but they assured me he was fine and to go on my trip. So this is Dustin's first big owie! (The first of many, I'm sure)
What a little toughie! Other than that little mishap, we had so much fun. It was sunny and 70 degrees in St. George and it got up to 90 when I was in Phoenix! It was so great to see Chelsea and Tara (miss you guys!) and it was really nice to have a little break at Kimmy's house. She let me sleep in and took me out to eat everyday! It was so great to see her and her family. I have to give a big thank-you to my in-laws because they spoiled us rotten and got me and the kids tons of new clothes and toys. And thanks to Jen, who squeezed me in to cut and color my hair. Do you guys like me as a dark brunette??

A big thank-you and I love you to my hubby, who cleaned the house, painted and redecorated our bedroom, changed all the sheets, and shampooed the carpets while we were gone. Do I have the best guy or what?? I missed you so much babe!

I have to give a huge shout-out to my girl Ann, for helping me SO MUCH on our flight home. She just so happened to be riding our same flight back home and she helped me with our luggage and carried the kids, and then when our plane had to be redirected and we had to get on a different plane, she switched seats so we could sit together and entertained my kids the whole 3 hours we were stuck at the airport and on the plane. Heavenly Father blessed me so much and I felt so grateful to have a friend who was willing to go above and beyond to help me. I love you Ann!!!

It was so great to have a little break but I am very happy to be back home. I have tons more updates that I'll post soon. Missed you guys!

6 comments:

Chisonh said...

HOLY COW! that thing is huge! And he didnt even cry? What a trooper! Glad you had fun in St. George, its been cold and snowing here off and on here in Calgary.

Ann said...

All I have to say is....That's what friends are for!...Can you hear the music? I love that song:)

carizolli said...

Glad you're back, Jen. And I'm glad you had a good time on your trip.

Poor Dustin! That is a pretty big cut. I can't imagine how hard it was to be away when he was hurt...but sounds like he was well cared for.

I was just thinking about you guys this morning. How's the adoption going?

Chelsea said...

So glad we got to see each other. Poor sweet little Dustin, but he's quite the trooper. Didn't cry! I have literally had to strap kids his age to the bed to get stitches.

Rach said...

Those stitches look nasty! couldn't they use clear thread or something!?! lol I'm glad your home too, it's nice to be able to chat with you on the phone.

rachel said...

What a wonderful friend!! You're right. Heavenly Father certainly put her there with a purpose. How awesome.
Stitches?? Sad!!