Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cabin Fever

Let's see...I've had sick kids for a while, which has kept me home bound. I go kinda crazy when I can't go anywhere and the kids are sick and whiny. I pretty much stare at the clock all day and the second Tim walks in the door it's, "Can I please go to the gym. Right. Now?" Poor guy. No, "Hi honey, how was your day?" And the house is spotless and dinner is made. All the opposite, I'm afraid. I assume that whatever happened in his day could not be nearly as bad as taking care of sick kids and can't wait to show him what he missed all day by running out the door. Am I terrible, or what!?!? I should be so grateful that it's me who comforts and holds my kids while they're hurting and be glad for the down time we get to spend at home when someone is sick. Instead, if Tim so much as whispers a complaint about work, it's, "Oh yeah...you wanna know what happened in this house!!" Followed by the many messes and craziness that went on that day. At least I recognize it's unfair, right? And it's not like I'm like this ALL the time. I just make it really apparent when the kids are sick. But seriously, just between you and me, is there any job out there more difficult, more exhausting, more my-head-might-explode-if-I-have-to-keep-my-patience-one-more-second, than motherhood??? I can't even count how many battles I have lost to a 4-yr-old and a 2-yr-old. And I have upwards of 20 years on them!!! On the opposite end though, the amount of times they have made me laugh, made me proud, or that I have felt their love far surpasses anything I vent about. And I guess the daddy's are allowed to complain too. Sometimes ;)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hear ya! I'm the same way and my husband works days straight at times and sleeps on the ground with nasty things crawling on him and on and on and yet some how I seem to justify that my day was sooo much worse! ;) Guess it proves how blessed we are to have husbands listen and not say, 'listen woman how about my day!' lol